There are lots of Android users who have internet connection in their computer, but don’t have any WiFi router to access it in Android.
So today I am going to tell a very nice trick to use your PC internet in your Android. This process is called Reverse Tethering.
Most of us heard about WiFi or USB Tethering, as this is a process to share your Android Phone’s internet with other devices.
Reverse Tethering is just it’s opposite. We can share PC internet connection with Android. So lets start the process.
- You must have a Rooted Android Device
- You will need your Android Phone Drivers
Steps to Share Computer Internet in Android
1. First download Android Reverse Tethering from the XDA Forum.
You can also download the little tool from this Direct Link
2. After downloading the file extract it on your Windows PC and open it. You will find AndroidTool.exe file within the folder.
Double click on that file and run it.
3. Now turn on the USB Debugging option in your Android by going to Settings > Developer Options.
4. Connect your Android Phone with your Computer using USB Cable.
5. Now if you have drivers installed for your Android it will popup in your PC that a “New Device has been connected”.
6. Now open Android Reverse Tethering in Computer. Now you will be able to see your Android device name inside the software. Select the DNS you want to use. Preferable DNS is 18.104.22.168.
7. Now simply tap the Connect button and a software named USB Tunnel will be installed in your Android Phone. You have nothing to do here. The software will do his work.
8. After installing the USB Tunnel in your mobile you will be prompted to grant Root Access. Click on the “Grant” and you are done.
Now you will be able to use internet on your mobile using your computer network over USB Cable.
Here’s a sneak peak of working internet in Android without any DATA Connection 😀
So we are done now. Now you can enjoy your PC internet in Android. You can surf anything, even you can access Playstore.
Unfortunately you can’t download from Playstore with this process. But don’t be sad..!!
In my next post I will show you how to download from Playstore using this Reverse Tethering method 😀
If you have any queries or any facing any problem with the above steps feel free to ask me in the Comment Section.
If you like this article, pass it to your friends and share it on Social Networks. Thank you 🙂